So have you taught your kids this one yet?
‘If you sprinkle while you tinkle, please be neat and wipe the seat.’
I think there’s a time and a place for everything and right now it’s time for potty talk…
There is, I think, or at least there ought to be, bathroom etiquette. The ‘proper’ way to behave yourself when using ‘the little girls’/boys’ room’.
- And then there’s ridiculously controversial subject matter of whether or not to put the toilet seat down after you’ve used it, if you are of the male persuasion. How it’s a controversy is beyond me! I believe that the other side of the argument out there is that we females should consider leaving the toilet seats up for men. Can you imagine how many little kids out there would be falling into the toilet bowls if we took up with that side of the matter! Put the toilet seat down, pretty please. For my sake & more importantly for yours. Even if it’s in your own home, even if it’s ‘your’ bathroom. First of all, it is really quite revolting to see the underside of a toilet seat & that much of a toilet bowl, don’t you think? Secondly, imagine yourself, or your 5 year old, or your significant other, sleepily padding through the house at 2 am to the bathroom and falling into the toilet bowl. Does not bode well for the unsuspecting spouse who is jerked out of his sleep by an angry lashing.
- And, I’m sure you’ll agree that we should start by making sure that none of us out there is forced to sit in a puddle when the time comes for us to go about our business.
- Put the toilet lid down, too. Nobody wants to stare into that thing when they walk into a bathroom. And it’s the sensible thing to do. The last thing you want is for the cat or dog of the house to be found lapping from the bowl…nothing will turn your stomach more. And if a lady just wants to step into the bathroom quickly to check her hair & makeup, she doesn’t want to be reminded of the last person in there and what their business was!
- Don’t be the one who leaves an empty roll of toilet paper on the toilet paper holder. Always replenish with a new roll.
- Might I suggest a foolproof way to avoid the humiliating catastrophe of clogging up a bathroom at someone’s house & causing a very disgusting overflow. Easy. Wipe 3x and then flush. If you need to continue wiping, do so, but again, throw only 3 wipe’s worth of toilet paper in the bowl and then flush. Repeat as necessary. There. Enough said on that subject matter!
- WASH your hands after you flush! Two times!! With soap! Then use the napkin or bath towel that you used to dry your hands to turn off the faucet and to open the door on the way out. You do this because there are quite a few people who forget to wash their hands after they use the bathroom…..ewwwww!
Hey, this all needs to be said. And if not by your Mama, then by whom?!
One thought on “Private Bathroom Etiquette”